Mon, 21 August 2017
It's been, to put it mildly, a shit week for Rebel Media's self-styled 'Rebel Commander' Ezra Levant:
- Following the tragedy in Charlottesville last weekend, Rebel Media co-founder Brian Lilley, and periodic columnists Barbara Kay and John Robson all severed their ties to the organization;
- By Thursday it was learned that Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes was moving on. According to Levant, he'd been poached by an organization with deeper pockets.
- The same day, Levant announced he'd fired popular Rebel personality Faith Goldy after her appearance on a neo-nazi podcast;
- A bombshell video from two disgruntled former Rebel staffers was released alleging Levant was paying 'hush money,' to keep quiet about the company's business practices;
- A disavowal came out from Conservative leader Andrew Scheer, who says he will refuse all media requests from the organization until its 'editorial direction changes' (whatever that means);
- Press Progress revealed that Levant was receiving funding from an anti-Muslim think tank;
- And even the much-hyped Rebel Cruise was cancelled.
The CANADALAND team pulled out all the stops this week to cover the flurry of announcements, and CANADALAND Editor Jonathan Goldsbie joins Jesse to walk through the week's developments.